Douglas Golf Club was founded in 1909, with the origina
Douglas Golf Club was founded in 1909, with the original course being designed by golfing legend and six time British Open winner, Harry Vardon. The course was then extended and altered by celebrated course architect of Augusta National, Alister MacKenzie, in 1924.
The course is kept in immaculate condition all year round and is widely renowned for having some of the best kept greens in Ireland. Set on a plateau overlooking Cork City and Inner Harbour, Douglas Golf Club offers spectacular views from both the golf course and the clubhouse. The surrounding 115 acres of century old woodland provide the course with a secluded and relaxing atmosphere that is rare for its central location.